Director of Storytelling at TomorrowToday
Keith’s passion and experience is in Strategic Leadership, Global Trends and the development of individuals and teams.
Keith is a founding member of TomorrowToday having spent some time in the non- profit, volunteer-based sector. There he filled the role of Regional Director and national board member of a large developmental agency. Keith was highly regarded for his leadership style and human development skills, and his chairing of various regional and national strategic restructurings.
Academically, Keith has pursued a variety of studies since matriculating in 1975. He holds a BA Degree (Economic History & English), a Bachelor of Technology – honours, (in which his thesis explored Leadership Teams in Organisational Change), a Diploma in Theology (from Moore Theological College, Australia), and is currently pursuing his Masters in leadership.
Keith is a regular contributor to various local and international business publications and online journals as well as having authored an anecdotal book on leadership – “Everything I Know About Leadership I Learnt from the Kids”. (Penguin). He has appeared numerous times on radio and TV programmes both in South Africa and internationally.
For the past 12 years Keith has lectured and facilitated on Leadership and Diversity at the EastWest Center’s renowned, Asia-Pacific Leadership Program (APLP), based in Hawaii. He has also regularly presented at the Master of Science in Global Leadership programme at the University of San Diego, USA and is a regular presenter on leadership and strategy for several leading international business schools. Keith works with the Executive and leadership teams of several of South Africa’s blue chip companies and is regarded as a subject expert in leadership, diversity and global trends, He is a fellow of the Salzburg Seminars and was selected for Rotary’s prestigious Rotary Business Group Study Exchange programme to Toronto. In 2012 Keith was invited to share the South African story at a Seminar hosted by the East West Center, Hawaii. Keith is on the International Board of the Global Leaders Conference (GLC), based in Beijing / Shanghai, China where he is a regular presenter. In 2008, at the invitation of HM The King of Sweden, Keith presented at a Leadership Conference hosted at the Royal Palace, Stockholm for Swedish business leaders. In 2009 Keith was invited to address the Swedish Economic Forum in Marstrand, Sweden where senior Swedish leaders from the areas of business, politics, academia and the environment gathered.
Keith has vast international experience having presented, taught, presented and consulted on leadership and related topics at conferences, business schools and companies worldwide, including China, United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, Austria, Vietnam, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Dominican Republic, Japan, Malaysia, India, Turkey and the United States. He is a sought after facilitator and is frequently involved in the design and architecture of corporate leadership and talent development programmes. He also sits on the Kwa Zulu Natal Public Health Advisory Board that is responsible for overseeing the implementation of a national public health intervention in South Africa.
Keith is based in Durban, South Africa and is married to Vicky. They have three children, Keegan (27), Tamryn (25) and Sipho (21).
What clients have said about Keith
- “I just wanted to thank you so much for a most thought provoking couple of days on the John Lewis Leading Diversity Course. The pace, your facilitation, the ensuing discussions and general all round engagement provided me with a most effective platform for learning. So thank you as I will take a considerable amount of thinking material forward” - Ian Bell
- Don’t expect the ordinary business school approach. Expect dynamic, world class, out of the box frameworks and service delivery that will truly bring about authentic change and Leadership growth in your organization as it has done for SPAR / us. TomorrowToday has become a business partner that is helping us build capacity for the future. - Mike Nel, Spar Group
- I met Keith, who I contacted following a recommendation, and spent a morning with him to discuss the needs of the event. I was concerned that I was not explaining the “feel” that I desired adequately, but Keith took time to ensure that he thoroughly understood our requirements. Within a short time, he delivered a set of proposals that included a detailed agenda and included effective ideas on linking the recreational activities that were planned for the evenings to the business content – Brett Garrod, Director Supply Chaing EMEA, Ethicon – Brussels
- Keith was highly effective in de-mystifying strategic planning / thinking. He had an extremely extensive knowledge of the topic and invaluable insights into the future of strategic thinking / planning – GIBS Executive Developmenet Programmes: Standard Group
- This was the first time someone got me thinking about the way I do things. Keith also has a phenomenal way of facilitating, he is well read, travelled and really passionate about his work. He really takes prdie in what he does. He is excellent - GIBS Nedbank Senior Management Programme.
- The discussion on strategy was very valuable and insightful. Lecturer style of presentation was excellent – GIBS Executive Developmenet Programmes: Standard Group